- ศาลเจ้าแม่ตะเคียนทอง or "San Chao Mae Takhian Thong" is a shrine dedicated to the spirit "Mae Takhian Thong". It is located in a Buddhist temple called Wat Don Khanak in Nakhorn Pathom district.
Worshippers touch the bark of the "Ton Takien" log hoping to see lottery lucky numbers on the tips of their fingers.
People can make a donation by buying a dress for Mae Takhian Thong. The cost is 199 Baht. This temple features two main spirits effigies, i.e. Mae Takhian Thong and Mae Sai Thong.
The large tree located in the shrine is believed to contain a female spirit because offerings people given to this tree are all female items. Huge garlands are covering the tree.
Three incense sticks are used to pay respect to Buddha. Nine are used to pay respect to Mae Takhian.
People are always welcome to give donations especially to pay for the electricity!
- ศาลเจ้าแม่ตะเคียนทอง or "San Chao Mae Takhian Thong" is a shrine dedicated to the spirit "Mae Takhian Thong". It is located in a Buddhist temple called Wat Koh Wang Sai in Nakhorn Pathom district.
Mae Takhian Thong shrine located in Wat Koh Wang Sai is located in beautiful surroundings.
In year 2012, near Ayuthaya, a nine years child heard Mae Takhian spirit complaining she was feeling cold and wanted to get out of the water. Villagers searched the river and found five very old trunks!
The shrine includes a statue of Mae Takhian Thong, a tree, dresses and a few dressing tables.
The Takhian (hopea odorata) tree is now an old trunk stored in the shrine and hosts the Mae Takhian Thong spirit.
The spirit is called NANG TAKHIAN" (นางตะเคียน). It is often seen as a young beautiful lady wearing traditional Thai dress.
Local people have offered so many colorful dresses and dessing tables to "Mae Takhian Thong" spirit!
- Small shrine dedicated to the spirit "Mae Takhian" in a bar in Koh Samui!
Such "Mae Takhian" shrine can be found in many places such as Buddhist temple, such as remote forest and such as bar in touristic areas!
- Small shrine dedicated to the spirit "Mae Takhian" in countryside
This small shrine dedicated to the spirit "Mae Takhian" was located in Nakhon Pathom countryside near rice fields.
Popular shrines dedicated to the spirit "Mae Takhian" feature many colorful and beautiful dresses donations.
- Big shrine dedicated to the spirit "Mae Takhian" in Sam Chuk, Suphanburi
Behind the Sam Chuk 100-year Market in Suphan Buri province, there is a huge tree covered with dresses for Mae Takhian.
More than one hundred dresses can be seen hanged in the huge tree.